George Zimmerman is making news again, although it was breaking news on a website I had never heard of before this, radaronline.
The allegedly neutrally biased reporter who wrote this, spun the article so far to the right, I would think that the Billionaire former mayor of New York City and founder of “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” Michael Bloomberg probably signs her paycheck.
Putting aside the divisive issue of what George did to become a household name, I want to assure you that I personally don’t condone in any way shape or form what he has done in the past or the way he has acted since. This goes back to the story (George, who most of you have probably realized by now is not the brightest bulb in the house) where several months ago he was charged with aggravated assault on his girlfriend. Radaronline is reporting – Police uncovered a chilling arsenal of weapons and ammunition inside Zimmerman’s home, the full extent of which has never been pictured — until now. This “chilling arsenal” consisted of;
My thoughts on the list in red italics after each bullet
- One Keltec 12-gauge shotgun
- Probably the most desirable personal defense shotgun on the market.
- One Walther .380 handgun with seven rounds of live ammunition in the magazine
- One full magazine, it’s not worth much without ammo for it.
- One Glock 19 handgun with 16 live rounds
- He must not have stocked back up after his last trip to the range.
- One Taurus 9 mm handgun with live rounds in the magazine
- I guess she didn’t think the number of rounds “chilling” enough to mention for this one.
- One AR-15 semi-automatic rifle
- At least she didn’t say “assault rifle”, probably the only reason she omitted that liberal battle cry was because she didn’t realize what an AR-15 was.
- Dozens of rounds of ammunition
- I would say anyone who owns even a single gun of any kind has at least “dozens of rounds of ammunition”.
- Several gun holsters and bags
- At what count of holsters and/or bags does your collection/stash become “chilling”?
Some will say Mr. Zimmerman shouldn’t be allowed to own any guns ever again and should be in jail. Others would say he was never convicted of a crime and should be able to own whatever legal firearm he chooses. Regardless, I think a large majority of gun owners would say Mr. Zimmerman’s “chilling collection” is a little on the below average side, especially the ammo in the “dozens” of rounds.